Hover over your desired activity below to see the minimum age requirements.
The minimum age is 8 years old for all Challenge Center activities including standard programs, volume programs and open climb events.
• Guide Schools
• All activity level 4 trips
• All multi-day trips 4 days or longer
(e.g. Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Guide School, Paria Canyon)
Minimum age for most trips without a parent or legal guardian present
• All bike maintenance classes
Age 12 (with a parent or legal guardian)
• 1-3 day trips up to activity level 3
• Premiere day hikes, snow shoe hikes, rock climbing, mountain biking, camping, backpacking, caving
• Rafting at high summer flows (5000 c.f.s)
Age 9 (with a parent or legal guardian)
• 1 day, activity level 1 trips only
• Day Hikes
• Rafting at average summer flows (1500-4900 c.f.s)
SPECIALTY OUTDOOR TRIPS
These ages are determined primarily by the specialty trip provider requirements plus Peak Adventure's guidelines. See graphic at top or check specific trips for age requirements.