Associated Students, Inc. at Sacramento State
TERMS OF SERVICE
Waiver and Release of Liability
1. Voluntary Participation. I acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in certain activities made available by the Associated Students, Inc. at Sacramento State (hereafter known as “ASI”), at California State University, Sacramento (hereafter known as “Sacramento State”). These activities include, but are not limited to, all virtual and in-person activities and events conducted online/virtually, in ASI facilities and elsewhere at Sacramento State under the direction of ASI staff (“ASI Activities”).
2. Assumption of Risk. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PARTICIPATION IN ASI ACTIVITIES OR ANY ACTIVITIES INCIDENTAL THERETO IS POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVES CERTAIN RISKS OF INJURY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LACERATIONS, PULLS AND STRAINS, CONCUSSIONS, BROKEN BONES, LOSS OF LIMB(S), PARALYSIS, OR DEATH. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THESE INJURIES OR OUTCOMES MAY ARISE FROM MY OWN OR OTHER’S ACTIONS, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE. I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN ASI ACTIVITIES WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED AND HEREBY ACCEPT ANY AND ALL INHERENT RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH.
3. Release. As consideration for being permitted to participate in ASI Activities , I hereby release and covenant not to sue ASI, Sacramento State, The CSU Board of Trustees, the State of California and any of their officers, employees or agents (collectively the “Releasees”), from any and all present and future actions, claims or demands resulting from ordinary negligence on the part of the Releasees, for property damage, personal injury, or wrongful death arising as a result of my engaging in any ASI Activities, , or any activities incidental thereto, wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. I hereby voluntarily waive any and all claims resulting from ordinary negligence, both present and future, that may be made by me, my family, estate, heirs, assigns, guardians or legal representatives as a result of my participation in ASI Activities . I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless ASI, Sacramento State, The CSU Board of Trustees, and the State of California and other Releasees for any and all claims arising as a result of my engaging in ASI activities, or any activities incidental thereto, wherever, whenever, or however the same may occur.
Consent to Use of Picture(s), Video(s) or Likeness (es)
Furthermore, I also acknowledge that ASI and Sacramento State may have occasion to take pictures and videos of ASI Activities in which I am participating and I give to ASI and Sacramento State, the absolute right and permission to use any picture(s), video(s), or likeness(es) of me, taken or created by an agent of ASI or Sacramento State, either singularly or included in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproductions in color, or otherwise, for, as part of or in conjunction with any future use(s).
I hereby declare that I have determined myself to be physically competent to participate with ASI. Furthermore, in the event of accident or illness of an emergency nature, I further release and forever discharge ASI and the Releasees from any and all claims, demands and causes of action arising out of my participation of ASI activities.
ASI is not endorsing, promoting or making any warranties or representations about the completeness, reliability, safety, or accuracy of the information contained on the linked websites. ASI has not investigated or evaluated any of the information contained in or provided by the linked websites. You are solely responsible for, and assume all risks of, any harm that may result from your use of information contained in or provided by those websites.
By participating in ASI ACTIVITIES, I attest to have carefully read THE TERMS OF SERVICE and fully understand that by Participating in ASI ACTIVITIES I am giving up my legal rights and/or remedies which may be available to me for the ordinary negligence of ASI, Sacramento State or any of the Releasees. I further understand that the TERMS OF SERVICE contained herein is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California and agree that if any portion is held invalid, the remainder of the waiver and release will continue in full legal force and effect. I further agree that the venue for any legal proceedings shall be in the County of Sacramento, State of California.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to design, layout, look, appearance, photos and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright laws.
Returns and refunds are subject to our policy here: Returns and Refunds