Can I attend an information session to learn about camps?
Yes! We will have online information sessions:
Explorer Camps – Tuesday 6/6/2023 – 6:00pm – 7:00pm - https://csus.zoom.us/j/85662248370?pwd=OGtlWjdyUEZhVlpUd29RRUYxSzRDZz09
Yosemite Expedition Camp – Tuesday 6/20/2023 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - https://csus.zoom.us/j/85662248370?pwd=OGtlWjdyUEZhVlpUd29RRUYxSzRDZz09
What is the staff to camper ratio?
The maximum ratio for Jr. Explorer Camp is 3 counselors to 25 campers.
The maximum ratio for Explorer Camp and Overnight Camps are 2 counselors to 10 campers.
Who are the camp counselors?
Our camp counselors are mostly Sac State students. All counselors have background checks, hands-on training, and certifications. All staff have CPR/First Aid certifications, and our Overnight and Explorer Camp counselors have an additional Wilderness First Aid certification.
What does my child need to bring to camp?
All campers attending Day Camps need to bring lunch, snacks, and a water bottle.
Daily and weekly packing lists will be provided in your pre-trip email about two weeks before camp.
Overnight Camp packing questions can also be answered at the pre-trip meetings.
What should my camper bring for lunch? Can they buy lunch?
Please send your camper to Jr. Explorer Camp and Explorer Camp with a sack lunch every day. Refrigeration is not available. Campers are not allowed to buy food.
All food is provided by Peak Adventures on Overnight Camps. If your child has food sensitivities please let us know in the registration process.
What is the cancellation policy?
- A minimum payment of 50% per child, per camp, is required for all registrations. This is non-refundable 30 days prior to the first day of camp. 30-14 days prior to camp, 50% of the camp price is non-refundable due to the operational impact
- Full payment is due 14 days prior to the first day of camp
- Withdrawing campers less than 14 days prior to the first day of camp is non-refundable
- Transfers made less than 14 days prior to the first day of camp are not permitted
- There is a $10 fee for transfers
- There is a $25 fee for all refunds to cover merchant processing fees
- Late pick-ups (after 5:15pm) will result in a $25 fee for every 15 minutes per camper, per occurrence
- Camp activities begin at 8:00am each day and end at 5:00pm. Depending on the daily activities planned, we may not be able to allow early pick-ups and late drop offs. We cannot guarantee when campers will return from their daily off campus activities
- There are no refunds, pro-rates, or make-up days if a camper is absent
- Peak Adventures may cancel camps, with a refund, if minimum enrollment is not met
- In the event of location-specific safety concerns (smoke, weather, closures, or any other safety concern), Peak Adventures may offer an alternative location or switch weekly activity days. In the event we change locations or activity days, parents will be notified and refunds will not be issued
What if my camper is close to the age range?
Sorry, we are firm on our age cutoff dates.
What is the daily schedule?
Daily activities vary depending on the day and the week. For a general overview, please see each camps’ webpage.
What if my camper needs to miss a day?
Inform us in advance so other campers’ programming isn’t impacted. There are no make-up days if a camper is absent. We do not prorate for absences.
Leaving mid-week at overnight camps is not possible.
When does camp begin/end?
All Day Camps begin at 8:00am and end at 5:00pm daily.
Drop-off is between 8:00am – 8:15am pick-up is between 5:00pm – 5:15pm
Drop-off and pick-up times for Overnight Camps may vary.
Where do I drop off/pick up my child?
Drop-off and pick-up for all camps are at the Peak Adventures Office, located near the north end of the University Union on Sacramento State’s campus. See this page for a map and directions.
Where do I park?
The best place to park is in a 30-minute parking spot on either side of the Hornet Bookstore. Find directionshere.
If you decide you’d like to stay on campus longer than 30 minutes, you can find more details about parking at Sac State here.
Can I drop off or pick up early/late?
Late drop-offs (after 8:30am), late pick-ups (after 5:30pm), and early pick-ups (before 5:00pm) will result in a $25 fee per camper per occurrence.
Explorer Camp and Overnight Camp are off-site making late drop-offs and early pick-ups not possible.
Can someone else pick my camper up?
Yes, although anyone who is picking up your child must be listed on the Pickup Authorization Form and must bring a picture ID.
When is my camper registration packet due?
It is mandatory to bring your completed packet with you to the first day of camp. Keep in mind, all pages need wet (original) signatures and can not be electronically signed.
Do I need to fill out every page of the registration packet?
Yes, every page must be completed. We know the forms may seem redundant, but our campus partners (the pool, the WELL, etc.) need individually signed waivers as well. Each camper needs their own individual registration packet fully completed.
If your camper is coming for multiple weeks, please bring a new completed registration packet for each week.
email us at email@example.com